Open House at St. Mary's Oratory
Saturday, September 10
Discover the beauty which we experience every week here at St. Mary’s Oratory. Many people in the Wausau area have never ventured within these four walls and have no idea what joy awaits them. Bring your friends, co-workers and neighbors! Stop in anytime!
8:00 AM Mass
10:00 AM—3:00 PM Guided Tours of St. Mary’s Oratory on the hour
Refreshments and entertainment throughout the day in the North Parking Lot
Brought to you by our Sursum Corda Young Adults
Summer Youth Camp
Summer Youth Camps
For Youth Ages 10-17
Boys: St. Michael’s Patrol
July 18 - 22, 2016
Girls: Company of the Immaculate
July 25-29, 2016
On our private campground in Wausau, Wisconsin
OPEN TO ALL
These summer camps are offered not only to boys and girls from our Apostolates of the Institute of Christ the King, but also to all boys and girls of the appropriate age provided that they understand and respect the goals, purposes, and norms of the Catholic Summer Camps organized for them. During the camps we provide Catholic formation to young men and women by teaching them virtue, discipline, and love of God and neighbor, following above the spirit of St. Francis de Sales, who teaches that all men and women in all walks of life must aspire to holiness by learning to love the holy will of God.
A variety of fun and safe youth activities will be provided for the formation and entertainment of the camp participants. These activities include Mass, confessions, Rosary, faith formation, cooking contests, scavenger hunts, campfires, swimming, outdoor games, skits, music and much more. Safety is always be a main concern. Children who do not abide by safety instructions or disrupt the discipline or good moral atmosphere of the camps by their poor behavior will be asked to leave. (Parents will be called and asked to pick them up.)
The camps will be an outdoor experience. Be prepared. If you have a tent to share, please bring it.
All meals will be provided by our special cooking teams. On the Registration Form, you will find space for you to indicate any food allergies that your child may have.
The participation fee is $75 per child. A family rate of $300 is all available to any family with four or more participants at either or both camps.
You are registered ONLY when you have sent the Registration and Liability Forms and Payment to Saint Mary's Oratory. Due to the material conditions of the campsite, the Camps have a maximum number of participants beyond which we will not be able to accept applications.
All Registrations are due by June 30, 2016
There will be no on-site registration and NO late applications will be accepted.
Sign up today!
Make checks payable to Institute of Christ the King. Send to:
St. Mary’s Oratory
408 Seymour St.
Wausau, WI 54403
Youth Camp Supplies List
Items to bring:
Tent (please be ready to share)
Personal modest clothing for five days
Two pairs of shoes or boots
Clean black shoes (for altar servers at Boys’ Camp)
Hat, or visor
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Bathroom supply bag/caddy (e.g. Ice cream pail works well)
Baseball glove and/or bat
Notepad and pen
Camera (non-cell phone)
Pocket knife (blade no longer than 2 ½”)
Sheathed camp hatchet.
Postage, postcards or letter-writing supplies
Day pack/fanny pack
Musical instruments (safe storage is available)
Items NOT to bring:
Alcohol, tobacco products, and controlled substances—CAMPERS FOUND WITH THESE ITEMS WILL BE SENT HOME IMMEDIATELY
Portable electronic devices (e.g. computers, cell phone, music player, hand held electronic games)
Weapons or firearms Knives with blades longer than 2 ½”
Fireworks Lighters or matches
ALL ITEMS LISTED ABOVE WILL BE CONFISCATED UNTIL END OF CAMP
First Friday Devotions
Holy Mass and Benediction on First Fridays are at 6:00 PM. Our Lord Jesus Christ requested that we make a special reparation on the first Fridays of the Months. He promised His Assistance at the hour of death to all of those who would practice this devotion for 9 first Fridays in a row. St. Mary's Oratory is offering such an opportunity with a High Mass followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament and the recitation of the Acts of Consecration and of Reparation to the Sacred Heart. The Nine Fridays must be made in honor of His Sacred Heart, meaning, practicing the devotion and having a great love of His Sacred Heart. They must be on the first Friday of the month for nine consecutive months, and Communion must be received.
The 12 Promises
Listed below are the "12 Promises" of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary to encourage all Catholics to know and understand the benefit of practicing the Devotion and to encourage all to take up its immediate practice.
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
- I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.