Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Posted in General on March 4, 2009

During his recent visit to California, Monsignor Schmitz celebrated a Solemn High Mass in honor of Our Blessed Mother on Saturday, February 21, at the Mission church Santa Clara de Asís. The location of this historic Mission is not far from the apostolate of the Institute in Santa Clara, the Oratory of Our Lady of Perpetual Help. A large number of faithful of the Oratory, as well as from the Institute's Oakland apostolate at St. Margaret Mary's, were present for this Holy Mass and provided the Gregorian chant and choral music, as well as the liturgical service at the altar.

Located on the campus of Santa Clara University, this mission was founded on January 12, 1777 by Blessed Junípero Serra. Ruined and rebuilt six times, the present church was rebuilt in the 1920s, and consecrated in 1929.

Click the images below to enlarge them.

Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Mass at Santa Clara Mission
Mass at Santa Clara Mission