Sursum Corda Milwaukee presents: Lepanto, the Battle and the Poem
Speaker Christopher Check
Friday, November 6th at 7:30 pm at the Church
524 W. Historic Mitchell St. Milwaukee
First Friday Devotions
Holy Mass and Benediction on First Fridays are at 6:30 PM. Our Lord Jesus Christ requested that we make a special reparation on the first Fridays of the Months. He promised His Assistance at the hour of death to all of those who would practice this devotion for 9 first Fridays in a row. St. Stanislaus Oratory is offering such an opportunity with a Holy Mass followed by Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament and the recitation of the Acts of Consecration and of Reparation to the Sacred Heart. The Nine Fridays must be made in honor of His Sacred Heart, meaning, practicing the devotion and having a great love of His Sacred Heart. They must be on the first Friday of the month for nine consecutive months, and Communion must be received.
The 12 Promises
Listed below are the "12 Promises" of the Sacred Heart of Jesus to St. Margaret Mary to encourage all Catholics to know and understand the benefit of practicing the Devotion and to encourage all to take up its immediate practice.
- I will give them all the graces necessary in their state of life.
- I will give peace in their families and will unite families that are divided.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- I will be their refuge during life and above all in death.
- I will bestow the blessings of Heaven on all their enterprises.
- Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall rise quickly to great perfection.
- I will bless those places wherein the image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored and will imprint My love on the hearts of those who would wear this image on their person. I will also destroy in them all disordered movements.
- I will give to priests who are animated by a tender devotion to my Divine Heart the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who promote this devotion shall have their names written in my Heart, never to be effaced.
- I promise you in the excessive mercy of my Heart that my all-powerful love will grant to all those who communicate on the First Friday in nine consecutive months, the grace of final penitence: they will not die in my disgrace, nor without receiving their Sacraments. My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.