St. Patrick Oratory Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help
St. Patrick Oratory Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help in Robinsonville (4047 Chapel Drive, New Franken, WI 54229) will be held on Saturday, October 22, 2016.
Invoking the powerful intercession of Our Lady, we go to her Shrine for the spreading of the Kingdom of Christ the King. We desire that the Catholic Faith restore every aspect of our lives and of society. This pilgrimage is made especially in reparation for our sins, our families, and our country.
NOTE: Since this is the Jubilee Year of Mercy, and the Shrine is a HOLY DOOR LOCATION, we make this part of the event; therefore, it is possible to receive a plenary indulgence under the usual conditions.
Schedule of events
Noon - Rosary
12:30 p.m. - Holy Mass will be celebrated at the Shrine
After Mass - Lunch (please bring your own food or sandwiches are available for purchase in the Shrine Café. Picnic tables are located on the grounds.)
3:00 p.m. - Stations of the Cross
Bring you friends and family to thank the Queen of Heaven for her maternal care.
CATECHISM CLASSES HAVE STARTED - Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Please Note: (1) One Registration form required per child. REGISTER HERE.
Where: St. Patrick's O' Brien Hall
Opening Prayers: in Church @ 4:55 p.m. - Class 5:00 - 5:50 p.m.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 6, 2015 - If you still would like your child to attend Catechism classes, please contact Canon Boucheron and fill out the ONLINE REGISTRATION above.
Required: Bring notepad, pen or pencil to each class.
Students must be on time.
Mass and Holy Hour at 6:00 p.m. (Immediately following class).
URGENT APPEAL TO THE FAITHFUL OF ST. PATRICK ORATORY & ALL MEN OF GOOD WILL:
40 Days For Life: September 28-November 6, 2016
Dear faithful of St. Patrick Oratory and all Pro-Life Prayer Warriors,
St. Patrick Oratory 40 Days for Life Needs You!
From September 28 through November 6 you are invited to join other Christians for 40 Days for Life – 40 days of prayer and fasting for an end to abortion. You are also invited to stand, walk, and peacefully pray during a 40-day vigil in the public right-of-way outside Planned Parenthood at 2605 S. Oneida Street in Ashwaubenon and also to help spread the word about this important community outreach. Invite your family, friends, and neighbors!
Please join us:
Evening Shift - Fridays: 10:00 p.m. - 12:00 midnight
Daytime Shift - Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
40 Days For Life Green Bay (https://40daysforlife.com/local-campaigns/green-bay/) is working hard to help educate all those who volunteer, arming them with information to help everyone be a better witness to the truth. Despite this, by no means is anyone obligated to answer questions while walking and praying. Help us to continue the fight against this culture of death and immorality.
As we hear the silent scream of the most innocent we shall respond by giving visible witness, prayer, penance, and the responsible use of our voting privileges to defend Life.
Please join (again) this year! Walk for an hour, or two, every week, or a few times... Everything counts!
Yours truly in Christ the King
2nd ANNUAL CHRISTMAS COOKIE WALK & CRAFT SALE
Saturday, December 17, 2016 @ 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
St. Patrick Church, 211 N. Maple, Green Bay
O' Brien Hall
THE SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION
His Excellency, Most Reverend David L. Ricken, Bishop of Green Bay will visit his faithful at St. Patrick Oratory and administer the Sacrament of Confirmation on Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
ALL CONFIRMATION CANDIDATES MUST:
- Be at least 11 years old
- Be registered, attend, and participate in the Confirmation preparation classes (See above to register, if you have not already registered.)
- Be registered, attend, and participate in the weekly Catechism classes (See above to register, if you have not already registered.)
- Be members of St. Patrick Oratory (Otherwise written permission from the candidate's parish priest is required for non-members, see below.)
- Prove his or her basic religious knowledge. (All Q & As from the Baltimore Catechism No. 2, or otherwise informed by the instructor)
- Complete a "Confirmation information sheet" (for the parish records) for each person to be confirmed (Will be provided during class.)
- Choose a Patron Saint's name as a Confirmation name.
- Choose a sponsor (same gender as the candidate), who is a confirmed, practicing Catholic in good standing.
NON-Members of St. Patrick Oratory
- Must provide a "letter of recommendation" from their parish priest that testifies to their eligibility (only for those who are not members of St. Patrick Oratory).
- Must provide "written permission" from their parish priest to receive the sacrament of Confirmation at St. Patrick Oratory.
REQUIRED BY ALL CANDIDATES
- Bring all required documents (as listed above), along with the candidate's Baptismal Certificate to class on Tuesday, December 6, 2016.
Watch the bulletin for more information.